SearchCap: April Fools, Bing Ads Tools & Yahoo/Bing Ads Grow
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Report: Q1 US Paid Search Growth Strongest In 3 Years
Yahoo Bing Network gains share for third straight quarter.
- April Fools’ 2015 For the Search World: From Super Smart Google Panda To Backwards Google
Google, Bing and Kenshoo are bringing the funny today, polluting the web with gags galore.
- Bing Ads Power Tools: Ad Insights
Want to glean deeper insights into your search ad performance? Columnist John Cosley discusses four valuable ad insights tools within Bing Ads.
- Increasing Search Visibility With Google’s Entity Search
Google’s move towards entity search is changing how search marketers operate, and columnist Thomas Stern discusses some ways in which we can adjust to this new reality.
- April Fools: Google’s Matt Cutts Starts New SEO Spam Tool AutoSEO
Matt Cutts, head of Google search spam, announces AutoSEO at seo.ninja, a tool to automated your SEO. Happy April Fools Day!
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- April Fools’ Day 2015: From #ChromeSelfie To Bing Cute Cloud More
- Dell At MarTech Conference: Customer Experience Must Drive Marketing Technology Decisions
- Rubicon Project Scoops Up Chango
- Acrolinx Launches Cloud-Based Content Marketing Platform For The Enterprise
- 20+ Resources For Building Tech-Savvy Modern Marketers
- 4 Psychological Principles That Will Make You Better At Content Marketing
- Marketing Stats Toolbox: Mobile Activity By City To Keep You Ahead
- Everything Marketers Need To Know About Engagement-Based Spam Filtering
- Twitter Is Testing Ads Within User Profile Pages
- Sprinklr Raises $46 Million, Launches “Experience Cloud” To Link Social To Site Commerce
- As Martech Blossoms, Don’t Forget What It’s For, Scott Brinker Warns
- Bitly Is Shutting Down “Bundles” Because Of Spam Low Use
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Lab Puts a Time Limit on Innovations, Wall Street Journal
- Content is King: An overview of the new and improved Bing Ads Blog, Bing Ads
- Google rolls out Material design to all of its support pages, looks beautiful, theandroidsoul.com
- Our April Fools’ SEO Post, WTFSEO
- Australian mom flashes breasts in Google Street View stunt, NY Daily News
- Map Tips: Build a Great Store Locator, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Top 15 Google Maps Pac-Man Spots, Wired
- My review of Moz’s spam tool. I ran some tests and here is what I found…, hiswebmarketing.com
- Search Challenge (5/1/15): What’s this?, SearchReSearch
- The Great “In-Depth Articles” Disappearing Trick, fiveblocks.com
- 6 Local SEO Mistakes Small Businesses Make, Search Engine Guide
- Ask a Third Coaster: Does Blogging Help SEO?, Renegade Search
- The Robots.txt file: an SEO has-been?, RankAbove
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords Call-Only Campaigns – Who Should Use Them?, PPC Hero
- PPC Data Organization with VLOOKUP Formulas, aimClear Blog
SMX Advanced is the only conference designed exclusively for experienced paid search advertisers and SEOs. You’ll participate in experts-only sessions and network with fellow internet marketing thought leaders. Check out the tactic-packed agenda!
About The Author