Link Building Is A Combination Of Online And Offline Networking: Interview With Roger Montti by @johnrampton
Roger is an expert link builder, one of the best you’ll find in the entire SEO industry. Roger has been able to break barriers when it comes to link building and get links from just about anywhere.
Roger gives some tips on how to do this in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- When Roger started out with link building he was limited by his client in what he could do to get links. These constraints are actually what helped him think of alternative ways to get the links he needed.
- One of the fundamental secrets of link building, Roger says, is to begin every link building campaign by making a profile of the type of people you want to reach. It’s especially important to identify where they hang out online.
- For example, when Roger wants to reach business people he goes to industry journals and industry associations on the national, state, and local levels.
- If you’re building links with the intent to sell a product, your client profile is going to be the decision makers in charge of whether or not to buy what you’re selling.
- Link building requires a combination of online and offline networking. Roger says the end goal isn’t to get links, the end goal is to make money.
- Roger gives a detailed walkthrough in the video of real-life example of how he networks offline to get links that eventually lead to sales.
- If you want more advanced link building tips, Roger recommends you subscribe to his newsletter.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.