Affiliate Marketing Best Practices: Interview With Paul Schroader by @johnrampton
Are you an affiliate marketer looking to up your game? Then this is an interview you’re going to want to see. If you’re an advertiser looking to attract more affiliates to sell your products there is a lot to learn from Paul’s advice in this video.
Hear what Paul has to say about affiliate marketing in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- It all boils down to communication, Paul says. Most of the time affiliate managers aren’t willing to reach out to affiliates and talk to them about new products and promotions coming up.
- It’s a mistake to expect affiliates to be 100% proactive. As an affiliate manager you have to get out there and help the affiliates do their job more efficiently.
- As an affiliate you also have to communicate more with your affiliate manager. Don’t be shy to ask for higher commissions and better bonuses.
- Paul explains that both sides need to do more asking to create a more mutually beneficial relationship. If you don’t ask you’ll never get it.
- Another mistake is to focus strictly on sales rather than customer acquisition. As a result companies give away more of their margins to dealers than they should.
- By focusing more on affiliate marking and paid search, Paul says you’ll make more direct sales, have higher margins, as well as own the customer data.
- Don’t make affiliate marketing an afterthought when it comes to selling your products.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Paul, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.